Monday, January 23, 2012

Road to CA - Flowerbed Quilt Class -Day 1&2

 I have been teaching at Road to CA in Ontario CA. My first class was a two day appliqué and embellishment working on blocks from my Flowerbed Quilt. I had 20 really enthusiastic students who did amazing work.



We worked with hand dyed wools and cottons adding stitches for texture.




I also taught them to add beads using the Coral Stitch which I love.








It was a wonderful group of international ladies including Caroline from Belgium, Brigit from Germany and Claudia from Mexico and many ladies from different states in the USA.

I hope you all have fun continuing to embellish and work on your blocks for your quilt.
Take care and safe travels to all
Sue

7 comments:

  1. Sue I am sitting here looking at all the beautiful flowers and all the pretty embellishments and there is my friend Skip in her pretty pink sweater!!!! I cannot wait till she is back home so she can show me her beautiful work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It amazes me how small our world really is and also how similar interests draw people together eventually regardless...for example...I used to live in Iowa...at the time I was not aware of you or Yellow Bird but was doing wool rug hooking...then moved to AR and had discovered you in a magazine, 2 years later took a class from you in AR and get this...I found Angela's website bacause she had a post about you and your work not realizing she knew you or that she was from Iowa. I am constantly awed by how we are led in this adventurous journey called "life".
    Does CA stand for Canada or California? Since you mentioned Ontario I am assuming Canada? Your students are so talented and there's not a block I don't love! They're all gorgeous. I see you've done "people"! That's a first isn't it? Or was that a student? I like them...not too detailed, just enough. Thank you so much for your blog and sharing the beauty of your work and that of your students.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really lovely work from all the ladies. Loving the green heart flower and the dog, so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you Sue, for a wonderful class and beautiful pictures. Can't wait to play with my wolls, threads, beads and ribbons.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If your landscape needs a little sprucing up, but you're not ready for a complete redo, some minor improvements to your beds' edging can make a dramatic difference. While looking attractive, edging around your flower bed is also very practical.

    flower beds

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to thank you for this post. This information was very helpful.Please keep up the good work and I look forward to more of your great posts! tekken

    ReplyDelete