Thursday, April 14, 2011

Lincoln Guild - NE

It was wonderful to see some of my students that took my class at the NE State Conference last year. Even better they brought there projects from my classes.
I taught the Peony Bloom and the Bird Song Needle Case. I love what you did with your pieces thanks for sharing.
Lorraine added a velvet wing to her bird and sewed a wonderful little piping around the edge of the needle case.
I taught my 'Altered Texture' Tree class. Each started with a base kit. We worked on filling the tree with leaves, berries and birds.
Some students added a little family history and special elements that were meaningful to them.
These samples are all in the early stages as this was just a one day class. I can't wait to see how each piece evolves.
Many thanks to Rebecka Schafer for all her hard work organizing my class.
Keep stitching
Sue

6 comments:

  1. I often come on your blog , but it's the first time I put a message . I love your work and the work of your class .Absolutly wonderful .
    Catherine from France

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful beginnings to their pieces, I hope we will get to see the finished pieces.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. What nice projects. I would love to take a class with you. Everything is so whimsical. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me encantan todos tus trabajos y los de tus alumnas, son fantásticos. Sería maravilloso poder asistir a tus clases. Saludos desde las Islas Canarias en España. Besitos

    ReplyDelete