Sunday, September 20, 2009

July in London

I have had many emails wondering if I was okay after our wonderful vacation. Thanks so much for caring. Yes I am great just a little behind with my blog but hope to catch up this week as I am spending a couple of quiet days here in Spokane with my family. I would also like to thanks Wendy for keeping up with the blog while I was gone. Her pictures were stunning!
London was fabulous Mom, Dad, Cathy, Aimee and myself filled 5 days with much sight seeing, visiting with family and old friends. The weather was great! Just one day of rain. Cathy and Aimee had never been to London so we did many of the typical sights as well as some great shopping.
We spent a day around Covent Gardens and were entertained my the many street acts. We also took a ride on the Eye. It was amazing how much of London you could see. Visited Harrods a couple of times and were amazed by the food halls.
Buckingham Palace was a must as well as the changing of the guards. As we stayed in a hotel around Westminster Abbey we were able to walk to many places and through some of the great gardens.
It was fun to visit with my Auntie Jean and my cousins which I had not seen in a long time.
I also spent some time with old friends of mine Maureen and Dave who I had not seen in 20 years. It was great to reminisce!
One of the highlight of London was the Victoria and Albert museum. I took many photos which are on my home pc so I will blog the museum when I get home.
Take care
Sue

3 comments:

  1. How wonderful! These trips do feed the soul......Thanks for sharing!

    Gabriela

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sue,
    Your trip to London looks wonderful and I hope you enjoy your time with family.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking at your pictures and reading about your trip makes me want to go back to London. It is a wonderful city!

    ReplyDelete