Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Spring Market Weekend

This past weekend was Spring Quilt Market in Pittsburgh. Cathy, Melissa and Michelle joined me for the weekend. It was good to see old friends and meet many new store owners. I released my two new books Magnolia and Urban Sacs and my 5 new pillow patterns. We had a great booth position with wonderful light. I also had my new Genziana wool threads which I am a distributor for. It comes in 100 fabulous colors and is great for both hand and machine work. Our hotel was a 10 minute walk from the Convention Center. We found some interesting art on the way.
Each night we found a new restaurant to eat at. On Friday we had a two hour wait at Lidias. So we decided to sit and enjoy a bottle of wine. Can you believe it I looked over and Cathy, Michelle and Melissa were all texting!! I guess it is the only way our children answer their cellphones.
Saturday was a big day in the Spargo household. I went home for the day and left everyone to man my booth. My oldest son Andrew graduated from Kent University in Fashion Design. He plans to be home for the summer and then will be heading to the Big Apple. I have my laptop with me and do not have pictures of his final designs. I will share them with you in another post .
It was also Aimee's Prom. She is graduation form high school. It is hard to believe that all four of my children and now out of high School.
I just can't believe my baby is so grown up! This is going to be a year of great change for me.
We are now unpacked from market and filling orders. Michelle and Cathy will be working on shipping the BOM and I am heading to Material Girls in SLC to teach at the end of this week. Life is so busy but I feel very blessed to be surrounded with fabric every day.
Take care
Sue

5 comments:

  1. Sue,
    I love your elephant bags and it great to see them in different colors. Your booth looks great!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so much fun meeting all of you and getting to see your wonderful booth and all of the goodies. Thank you again for a wonderful day!

    Michelle's friend,
    Edie

    ReplyDelete
  3. The booth looks great and the "ladies" look even better! Carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your craft booth looked really inviting and your designs are great. Thank you so much for organising Folklore to be sent all the way to the UK for me so quickly. I am so excited by your work and can't wait to start.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You and the kids look great in the photos! Congrats to Andrew and good luck with his new career in NYC! Aimee is a cutie.

    Did you know that I went to school in Magnolia, Ohio? I love the new quilt you designed from your travels through that quaint little town.

    B.J. Kelly

    ReplyDelete