Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Adventures in January

What a fun group at Capital City Quilt Guild in Lansing, Michigan. I taught for two days and was inspired by all the wonderful projects they were working on. They all chose different patterns and kits and personalized each of their own pieces. I then traveled to southern Ohio and taught a day workshop at Appalachian Quilts. It was great to meet new people and see some of my old friends. They worked on the Thistledown table Rug as well as the Greenbrier Quilt. I stayed with my friend Trixi. It was fun to meet her family and hunt around the local antique stores. I travelled on to see Alice from kindred Spirits. I was fortunate to be there the weekend she was moving her studio and store into her renovated cottage at her home. What a wonderful place she will have! We also worked on the details for our Workt by Hand retreat May 5-7 this year. I am very excited about the project and delight to say we are nearly full. We only have 5 spots left! I have been working on many projects for publication as well as writing books for market. I will be writing about these in the next few days. Take care Sue

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sue, I have just booked into one of your courses in Brisbane Australia and I'm so excited about it. Love your work and I think you'll find the climate out here a bit different to your lovely wintery photos. Thanks for sharing the images of your workshops.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sue, I too am doing your Austrqalian workshop in Sydney. Very excited ...doing your BOM to...hope I haven't taken on too much. Love your colours and textures...they inspire me...see you in April..Marcelle

    ReplyDelete