Tuesday, July 14, 2009

A Week at Quilters Affair

I love teaching at Quilters Affair in Sisters Oregon. Jean Wells and her daughter Valori along with all their wonderful staff and volunteers put on a fabulous week of exciting events in this very special place. It starts on Monday with five days of classes. The first evening we are treated to a teacher dinner at Jeans home. Jean and John had just moved into their new home and this is the fabulous view from their back yard. It is catered by a local catering company. The food and the company is always wonderful. What a great way to meet the 20 teachers who teach at this event.
The first two days I taught blocks from my quilt Magnolia. We had a full class of twenty enthusiastic students who played with wool and embellishments.
This flower block was made with a wonderful old striped sweater and velvet rick-rack and the leaves were couched with hand dyed yarn.
I love the bright and clear colors used in this flower block especially the fun cotton stem.
I also had two wonderful ladies form England in my class and they needleturn and embellished this great flower block using cottons, wools and velvets.
This is a fun house block using this great polka dot background and rick-rack trim.
Here is another great bias stem and couched flower.
It is always great to see all the creativity developing in my classes and I can't wait to see the finished products. I will be posting all week about this event so visit soon to see more. You will be in for a treat.
Creative stitching
Sue

4 comments:

  1. What wonderful creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful pictures! Thanks for giving us a little peek at your class. I was there for the show on Saturday. One of these years I'm going to have to take some time off work and stay for the whole week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing and I love that beautiful quilt. So pretty and colourful :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had a great time with you at Sisters.
    Thanks so much for a wonderful class.

    ReplyDelete