Thursday, June 5, 2008

Teaching in May

Well once again the time has gotten away from me. I will be posting small posts for the next few days to catch up. I am delighted to say that my friend Cathy is now an employee of Folk-art Quilts and will be a great help to both Michelle and I. I am hoping this will free up a great deal of time for me to pursue the tasks I am neglecting to get done.

May was a very busy month. I taught at Oakland County Quilt Guild in Rochester Michigan. We had a small but very enthusiastic class fun was had by all. We created table rugs and the Ginger Grove Quilt.




Next I taught at the Stitchin' Post in Sisters, OR. I had a full class and we had great fun creating blocks from my new book Flowerbed. We worked in wonderful hand dyed wool, velvets and then embellished these blocks with great embellishments. You can see some of the blocks that were created. I will miss Quilters Affair in Sisters this year but am very pleased to have been invited back to teach July 2009.

The weather in Sisters was fabulous. My sister Wendy joined me from Spokane on Wednesday. We rose early on Thursday morning and drove through the mountains to Portland for Quilt Market. I was amazed at the amount of snow that was still around.
I just love Portland! I will share all that happened at market shortly.



1 comment:

  1. WOW, the lovely blocks inspire me to pull out my Flowerbed blocks from Primitives '07 and get moving on some more Flowerbed quilt blocks!!

    ReplyDelete