Friday, August 6, 2010

We made it safely to Australia. Just a little frustrating as I have had trouble getting my computer charged. My dear friend Sarah Fielke picked Melissa and I up from the airport on Tuesday morning. We relaxed for a couple of hours and then headed to the Sydney Harbor with her husband Damien for a wonderful lunch and great Australian wine. This was our view from our table. Could not get better than this!
In this area is Luna Park an old amusement park, and a fabulous view of downtown and the Sydney Opera House.
I have a good friend Judy who teaches a lot of my quilt patterns in Australia. She was teaching at Cottage Quilt Works in Sydney on Tuesday so we were invited for tea.
It was really fun to met everyone and see the wonderful quilts they were all making. I just love that each student took the liberty to personalize there quilts with images that are special to them.
On Wednesday Sarah was having here quilts photographed for her new book. We went to Whale Beach where they have a wonderful family home on the beach. It was a great setting for all her quilts.
Here is a sneak preview of her new book. I could not give it all away but just a few to wet your appetite. I am very excited to get a copy for myself.
We are off to see my friend Robyn so will post about my first class at Killara Quilts later today.
Take care
Sue

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous quilts and beautiful scenery, what a wonderful place to be.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, we got the computer charged Sue!! Hope you're having fun on the boat xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Sue! Yesterday I went to buy some fabric and quilt books and I had a surpise: your book! I bought it immediatly and from yesterday I'm reading and loving and holding it! It's wonderfull, I love the graphic too, I think it's the best book I never bought! I love it!

    P.S. So beautifull you love to leave free your "students" to exprime theirselves (I read it also on your book... I'm a theacher and I know what it means).
    Who cen say? Perhaps I will at Orvieto... perhaps... and then you might see I love lime and turquoise the most with deep bron to have a contrast... wonderfull!
    Nice journey on Australia!
    Pepe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sue, I hope you and Melissa are having a wonderful time. Those Australian ladies are really creative. Say "Hi" to Judy for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Please post the name of your friend and her new book when it comes out....one can never have too many of them! Glad you ariived safe and sound and thanks for the beautiful pictures!!!! I would love to visit there some day.

    ReplyDelete