Sunday, July 25, 2010

Nebraska State Quilt Guild 2010

I just eturned from teaching in Nebraska at the State Quilt Guild. I taught two very fun classes. The first was a needle case. We had a small group so we had the time to be able to personalize each piece with many wonderful textures and stitches which made each one unique.
We played with hand dyed silk velvet, beads and different stitches.
The second class was my Peony Bloom. What a fun day and such great students! It was so good to have nearly finished projects.
On my return to Lincoln I had the opportunity to go to the International Quilt Study Center. There is a very inspiring show South Asian Seams - Quilts from India, Pakistan and Bangladesh. I covers the textural traditions of the people who made them and the culturally rich regions.
If you are in Lincoln in the near future please take some time out to view them as they are very colorful and inspiring.
Creative Stitching
Sue

5 comments:

  1. I am, as always, amazed at the variety. But that shot of all those women and their P Blooms sort of cracked me up. Almost surreal - in a very friendly and artistic sort of way. I just have to make something. Soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sue,
    I'm so glad you got to see the South Asian Seams exhibit. When I went to see the beautiful quilts I thought of you. Thanks for sharing your photos from the state convention.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sue, your blog is just like Christmas, everytime when I visit you, it is full with a loth of suprises, and wonderfull idees. Thank you sooo much, for charing it with us.
    Many regards from the Canary Islands

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sue, as usual can't keep up with you, great pictures and inspiration from your latest travels. Nancy

    ReplyDelete