Thursday, December 17, 2009

Challenge Quilts

A little while ago Nancy from the Primitive Folk art Quilting Yahoo group asked me to draw up a tree for a challenge piece for her group. She challenged them to be creative and make the piece into something they would love to own. I am sure you will agree they all did a fabulous job! The winner - Betty's - Bower Bird Tree is embellished with stitchery and beads. She won this neat little book that Nancy stitched. Lynn's tote made from wool. Embellished with rick rack, buttons and embroidery. Juliann's fun tree. I love the funky piecing that surrounds this piece. Dorothy's is covered with charms, happy flowers and fun birds. Denise's Backyard Friends. Doesn't this make you want to spend time in Denise's backyard! I love all the different birds. Debbie's is really fun. I am so into owls and just find her interpretation of these wonderful birds really appealing. I love her use of beads and ribbons as well. Sandy's Tote is very appealing. Wouldn't you love to put a small knitting project in this one. She has embellished the back as well as the front of her tote. Well done to each of you! I hope to be a part of another challenge in the future. Keep stitching Sue

7 comments:

  1. Such creative people!!! The winning piece is really Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful, such inspiring work! I love all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks Sue for letting us have such fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Sue again for drawing up our inspiration, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sue,
    It was a fun contest and let me explore using different mediums in my quilt.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun challenge these ladies had. What an imagination they all have.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love them all. Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete