Monday, April 6, 2009

Calgary

I spent the last weekend in Calgary at one of my favorite stores 'Out of Hand'. Deirdre who owns the store has a fabulous selection of textural fabrics and embellishments. I have never taught anywhere were we have had such a selection right at our finger tips.
The first day we worked on the Altered Texture class and it was amazing to see all the students pieces come to life and how they incorporated many different techniques.
Some worked on silk and others with wool and cottons. All made one of a kind pieces which were very inspiring. I always love to see all the embellishments everyone has in their stash.
The second class was working from my new book Magnolia. This was a very creative class with some students incorporating images from recent trips as well as a love for other cultures. I feel very honored that they would use my patterns for inspiration.
Calgary was very wintry while I was there. The morning I left we had a foot of snow over night. A little change from the Ohio weather the week before I left.

Thanks Deirdre for a fabulous trip and great hospitality. On Sunday evening I left straight from Calgary via San Fransisco to Sydney, Australia. I met my sister Wendy in San Fransisco.

Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment