Saturday, March 22, 2008

Welcome

I have been meaning to start this blog for a very long time and I know I have so much to share with all of you. I feel like this is my most creative time of my life and I sometimes wish I did not have to sleep as my fingers just don't work as fast as my creative juices.

As I stand in my studio I am surrounded with wonderful colors to inspire me. Hundred's of yards of hand dyed wool, fun cotton fabrics, velvets, silks, ribbons, beads and textural threads.

It is like a treasure trove!



As well as designing I am also very passionate about teaching and sharing all that I have learnt over the years. I have just returned from a teaching trip at the Heritage Quilt Guild in South Holland, Illinois.


It was a wonderful class full of enthusiastic stitchers. We worked on blocks from my new quilt book, Flowerbed and had a great time embellishing and stitching. They had fun purchasing all the ribbons, threads and hand dyed wool I brought to share. Each block was unique and I can't wait to see the finished quilts.


On my way home I visited with Penny McMorris at Electric Quilt it was really good to see her again and catch up. If you are not familiar with the CD 'Folk-art Dreams' that I did with Electric Quilt you will need to seek it out. It has 190 blocks from 5 of my books and it is really fun to design with. And the other great advantage is it is a stand alone program. This is available at my website http://www.suespargo.com/


I am now packing to leave for Chicago tomorrow to teach at the Prairie Star Quilt Guild.

On my return Aimee, Jason and I are off to New York City for springbreak to visit with Andrew who is at school there. We are planning to visit visit museums, shop and just have a great time together.

6 comments:

  1. Sue, I'm so glad you started your blog. I'm handquilting Folklore now and love everything about this quilt. I've yet to find time to use your Folklore Dreams CD, but I will, lots of ideas for projects to use with it. We still have snow here in Montana, too much work, and Jim is very sick so only getting to quilt on the weekend, creat success on your blog, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to see your blog!
    You have inspired me and I really love your work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am also happy to see that you are going to join us in blogging. I have been so inspired by your work and I am currently making a sampler using blocks from the Folklore Dreams CD. Welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great place to catch up on what's going on in your creative world! Since I broke my ankle, I'm working on finishing up one of your pincushions. . .yes, much overdue! Let those of us who couldn't make it know how Chicago was.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your designs and am so happy to find your blog. I am going to put your Folklore Dreams CD on top of my wishlist, and my birthday is coming up soon....
    Marit

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just got the email and came to see your new blog...one thing the link for your blog takes you to email..it probably should be "suespargo(dot)blogspot(dot)com" and not:
    "suespargo(@)blogspot(dot)com".
    That should get everyone here. I'm finally working on my flowerbed blocks from Primitives '07 now, getting more ready to sew!

    ReplyDelete